from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Very thin. See Synonyms at lean2.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling skin.
- n. Slang Inside information; the real facts: learned the skinny on their falling-out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having little flesh and fat; slim; slender; narrow; thin, generally beyond what looks beautiful.
- adj. Low-fat.
- adj. Naked; nude (chiefly used in the phrase skinny dipping).
- n. The details or facts; especially, those obtained by gossip or rumor.
- n. A state of nakedness; nudity.
- n. A skinny being
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting, or chiefly consisting, of skin; wanting flesh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or having the nature of skin; resembling skin or film; cutaneous; membranous.
- Tough and firm or dense, but not hard: as, the skinny covering of a bird's beak: distinguished from horny.
- Characterized by skinniness; showing skin with little appearance of flesh under it; lean; emaciated.
- Miserly; stingy; mean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fitting snugly
- adj. being very thin
- adj. of or relating to or resembling skin
- adj. giving or spending with reluctance
- n. confidential information about a topic or person
"We don't use the word skinny anymore because it's a turn-off," says Mr. Zielinski.
Tonight, SHOWBIZ TONIGHT with the great Sarah Palin mystery, her startling attack on what she called skinny starlets on her last day as governor of Alaska.
Now they skulk about Starbucks in skinny jeans and hoodies and Chuck Taylors.
I have caught catfish on lures before, but this one slammed it like a bass, he splashed and slammed the lure in skinny water.
Also, to potentially chat up cute hipsters in skinny jeans and flannel who are "virtually" exploring Life's Big Questions at coffee shops in all corners of this great, messed-up world.
Miss Lowe, clad in skinny jeans and a season-appropriate crocheted sweater, played the part of London party girl by stripping down to a white tank top and twisting to the Beatles spun by New York native DJ NVM.
I'm from Eastern Kentucky (though I now live in Ohio) and skinny is definitely out there.
I just hate the word skinny; now the whole style is associated with… well you know.
San Diego fly shop, about some unreal sight casting to Carp in skinny still water over hard sand bottom I could not pass up the opportunity …
A gazelle's neck, although skinny, is very wired and tight, making it virtually impossible to ring.