from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of deep igneous or magmatic origin: plutonic rocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. An igneous rock that cooled and hardened below the earth's surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Pluto; Plutonian; hence, pertaining to the interior of the earth; subterranean.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or designating, the system of the Plutonists; igneous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to Pluto or the regions of fire; subterranean; dark
- Pertaining to or designating the system of the Plutonists: as, the Plutonic theory.
- In geology, formed deep below the surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of igneous rock that has solidified beneath the earth's surface; granite or diorite or gabbro
Most of them want to be my "plutonic" friend but want nothing to do with me in the long term romantic dept.
"plutonic" friend but want nothing to do with me in the long term romantic dept.
The mountain ranges (sky islands) are a geologic mix of Tertiary volcanic and intrusive granitic rocks, Paleozoic sedimentary layers, and some Precambrian granitic plutonic rocks.
This subsection contains mainly Mesozoic granitic and mafic plutonic rocks, Jura-Triassic volcanic rocks, Pre-Cretaceous metamorphic rocks, and Eocene and Oligocene marine and nonmarine and Miocene marine sedimentary rocks.
On mafic plutonic rocks, they are mostly Mollic and Typic Haploxeralfs and Typic Rhodoxeralfs.
Even Althouse and it would of been totally plutonic.
Over and over again, it is the story I get from nearly every visitor to various islands, most of which are described as lusciously green and serene and not the place to go with plutonic friends.
We have been in this setting pretty much since the Miocene, with the exposed roots of volcanoes the coast maountain plutonic complex as evidence.
Although it's obvious that Luke and Lorelai are working towards getting back together, or at least a friendly plutonic reconciliation, it feels kind of forced.
The mountains are comprised of acid plutonic and volcanic rocks belonging to the Precambrian basement complex of the southern part of the Sinai Peninsula.