from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a breed of dogs originally developed in Europe as hunting dogs, having thick curly hair of varying color, and classified by shoulder height into standard, miniature, and toy varieties.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various breeds of dog originating in Europe as hunting dogs, and having heavy, curly fur in a solid color; their shoulder height indicates their classification as standard, miniature, or toy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A breed of dogs having curly hair, and often showing remarkable intelligence in the performance of tricks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a breed of usually undersized fancy or toy dogs, with long curly hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an intelligent dog with a heavy curly solid-colored coat that is usually clipped; an old breed sometimes trained as sporting dogs or as performing dogs
In fact the name poodle comes from the German word Pudel, which is short for Pudelhund, or splashing dog.
The health care policy I have on my poodle is a better policy than what they are proposing for Americans.
But Lisa Peterson of the Kennel Club says a poodle is an ideal family pet.
I picked the breed, but since the poodle is a prissy-looking breed he wanted to give him a macho name -- Gustav. hahaha!
I wish he was joking but the poodle is actually serious.
An officer picked up a white toy poodle from the woman's house.
Remember a tabby named Buster Kitten, whom our giant mutant mountain poodle Beau nursed for way too long (Buster would suck on a dreadlock on Beau's neck, never ceased to amaze me).
Cameron seems unwilling to be cast as America's "poodle" -- as British media dubbed former
Bruce has a lot of turmoil and plot points and stuff, but once he's the hulk, there's not much interest other than stuff blowing up. still, im glad they're making another hulk to dig us out of the hole that last crap-shoot put us in (im lookin at you ang!) but this one will have to be extra good to make me forget about the demon poodle from the first hulk … … eeeeeeew karl on May 14, 2008
In fact, I’m pretty sure the expression this little poodle is wearing in his Tin Man garb is the same face my ancestors made when begging for mercy during the Crusades.