from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light golf stroke made on the putting green in an effort to place the ball into the hole.
- transitive v. To hit (a golf ball) with a light stroke on the green.
- intransitive v. To putt a golf ball.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of tapping a golf ball lightly on a putting green.
- v. To lightly strike a golf ball with a putter on (or very near) a putting green.
- n. A regular sound characterized by the sound of "putt putt putt putt...", such as made by some slowly stroking internal combustion engines.
- n. A motorcycle.
- v. To make a putt sound.
- v. To ride one's motorcycle, to go for a motorcycle ride.
- v. To move along slowly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stroke made on the putting green to play the ball into a hole.
- intransitive v. To make a putt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In golf-playing, to play with a putter; play when the ball lies at a short distance from the hole.
- n. In golf-playing, a stroke made with a putter, or made in attempting to hole a ball.
- n. See put.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. strike (a golf ball) lightly, with a putter
- v. hit a putt
- n. hitting a golf ball that is on the green using a putter
Dineen has a small engine, which he calls a putt-putt, that he rides the rails on.
British notes: Westwood again is one putt from a playoff - USATODAY. com
British notes: Westwood again is one putt from a playoff
Slocum, who won the opening playoff event last year against a cast of stars, ran off three birdies in four holes around the turn to reach 15 under until a three-putt from the fringe below a steep ridge on the 13th changed everything.
British notes: Westwood again is one putt from a playoff golf | Comment | Recommend
Eagle on No. 13, on a 66-foot putt from the next zip code.
Clark overcame a double bogey at No. 5 by holing a par putt from the fringe on the 18th for a 1-under 71.
In Thursday's round, he made a 60-foot, circus-like putt from the fringe that basically did a U-turn before disappearing into the cup.
He had three birdies on the front side, made an 18-foot eagle putt from the fringe at the par-5 12th hole to get to 16 under, then took a one-shot lead over Hjertstedt and Rollins with a birdie on the next hole.
His playing partner, DiMarco, had a downhill putt from the same area just before Mickelson's turn to putt.