from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Open to doubt or challenge; problematic.
- adj. Not yet determined or specified.
- adj. Of dubious morality or respectability: a questionable reputation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Problematic; open to doubt or challenge
- adj. Of dubious respectability or morality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Admitting of being questioned; inviting, or seeming to invite, inquiry.
- adj. Liable to question; subject to be doubted or called in question; problematical; doubtful; suspicious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being questioned or inquired of; inviting or seeming to invite inquiry or conversation.
- Liable to question; suspicious; doubtful; uncertain; disputable: as, the deed is of questionable authority; his veracity is questionable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. subject to question
- adj. able to be refuted
I. iv.43 (180,4) questionable shape] [By _questionable_ is meant provoking question.
The problem was, he seemed smart enough to avoid that and to always make her word questionable in front of a third party.
They decide to try to change the story from the economic meltdown by attacking Obama for what they call questionable past associations when McCain has the Keating 5 in his past.
Why are you trying to distinguish between what you call questionable and cartoonish anyway?
He says his subcommittee found $16 billion in what he calls questionable transactions from three major banks, including Citigroup, which made an $8 billion loan to Dubai in December.
Investigators from six states showed up unannounced to Wachovia's headquarters because of what they call questionable business practices.
Now when I read in the passage from two years ago about Muslims and killing Jews, he admitted that this school did have some what he called questionable passages in its textbooks but have since taken them out.
BASH: He did not answer a question about who may be responsible for 380 tons of high-level explosives missing in Iraq, but his campaign did, saying they believe John Kerry attacked the president a day earlier based on what they call questionable information.
The report criticizes what it calls questionable accounting methods used by the Obama administration to count "green jobs" and says the term is vague and poorly defined.
International Development Agency awards funding after a series of what they call questionable decisions.