from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. the art of creating decorative designs from thin strips of curled paper
  • n. a band of fluted muslin resembling a row of quills

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A band of linen, muslin, or the like, fluted, folded, or plaited so as somewhat to resemble a row of quills.
  • n. One of the rounded plaits or flutings of such a band.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A narrow bordering of net, lace, or ribbon plaited so as to resemble a row of quills.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.