from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Dazzling excitement.
- n. Informal Elaborate action or maneuvers designed to deceive an opponent, as in a sports contest.
- n. Informal Extravagant or showy display, as of technique: a lecture that was more razzle-dazzle than substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Glitz, glamor/glamour, showiness, or pizazz; schmaltz.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dazzle and confuse; daze in a sudden or humorous way; bewilder; intoxicate.
- n. A state of dazed confusion or dizziness, as in intoxication.
- n. A revolving platform, with a swift, irregular, swerving motion, on which passengers are carried, for their amusement, at fairs and pleasure-resorts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any exciting and complex play intended to confuse (dazzle) the opponent
A fraudulent sense of earnestness and of Modernist discovery permeates these confused, formless pictures, in which fake "pentimenti" and searching "expressive" flourishes are applied razzle-dazzle to Norman Rockwell-style portraits.
Baby blue Lycra covered in white fishnet, paint, and Swarovski crystals, the result was totally razzle-dazzle, much more Russian, and much more me.
Embraer's lack of razzle-dazzle seems to have turned off investors.
But even some of his 'lighter' entertainments have dark undercurrents and most of them have genuine depth below the big-budget razzle-dazzle.
Start a dating service for people over fifty to reclaim the razzle-dazzle in your lifeor your marriage?
New Jersey is hoping to bring a little Las Vegas razzle-dazzle to Atlantic City with a law making it easier to get married on a whim.
The team have been honing their razzle-dazzle chops over two decades.
A relative unknown as money managers go, our magician has also displayed considerable razzle-dazzle in the marketplace in recent years with an awesome exhibition of uncanny market timing.
In a world filled with razzle-dazzle toys that light up, spin around, and screech songs about math and Mars, it is hard to make most parents realize the value of a plain old ball, said Ms. Linn.
The 3-D feature is adjustable by a button at the side so players can choose the amount of 3-D razzle-dazzle they want.