from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Bent or curved backward.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Same as
- In botany and zoology, recurved.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Recurved.
- transitive verb To bend or curve back; to recurve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
bendor curveback; to recurve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective curved backward or inward
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word recurvate.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
palooka commented on the word recurvate
An elegant & beautiful word that simply means bent or curved backwards.
January 14, 2007