from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The position or term of a medical resident.
- n. The house of a colonial resident.
- n. The sphere of authority of a colonial resident.
- n. Residence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The position or term of a medical resident
- n. The position of a musical artist who commonly performs at a particular venue
- n. The condition of being a resident of a particular place
- n. The home or residence of a person, especially in the colonies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Residence.
- n. A political agency at a native court in British India, held by an officer styled the Resident; also, a Dutch commercial colony or province in the East Indies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as residence.
- n. Specifically The official residence of a British resident at the court of a native prince in India.
- n. A province or administrative division in some of the islands of the Dutch East Indies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of physician who is receiving special training in a hospital (usually after completing an internship)
- n. the act of dwelling in a place
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Non-residency is a grey area and they like to keep it that way, so they can abuse you.
Arresting someone in their own home when they have given you identification and proof of residency is exactly what President Obama indicated it was: stupid.
The time to get permanent residency is running about two to three years for petitions by citizens and 10 or more years for petitions by permanent residents.
Interestingly, they have branched out into online offerings, but are adding in residency requirements – you have to take a certain number of on-campus classes.
Italy also agreed to issue short-term residency papers for 20,000 illegal immigrants already here.
The other is to run as a long-term residency at a Las Vegas casino owned by MGM Mirage, starting in 2012.
Rod Blagojevich has lined himself up to be the fourth Chief Executive of the Land of Lincoln since 1974 to be offered a long - term residency at the Gray Bar Hotel.
But, the U.S. has never granted Haitians TPS, which permits short-term residency to nationals from countries that are enduring political or environmental turbulence.
Remarkably, some politicians have started advocating long-term residency rights, and even citizenship, for foreign workers.
These are the one who have a long-term residency inside Myanmar.