from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A fold; a wrinkle.
  • transitive v. To wrinkle or form wrinkles.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. wrinkle
  • v. To wrinkle or crease

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A fold or wrinkle. See rumple.
  • v. To rumple; to wrinkle.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To wrinkle; rumple. See rumple.
  • To wrinkle; ripple.
  • n. A wrinkle; rumple. See rumple.


Middle English rimpil, from Old English hrympel.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.