from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A paint that dries with a finish that is between gloss and flat.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • adjective Slightly shiny, between matte (or flat) and gloss. Usually used to describe paint.
  • noun A slightly glossy paint.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a paint that dries with a finish between glossy and flat


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word semigloss.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.