from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun Same as amboceptor.
  • noun One who or that which sensitizes; specifically, in photography, the chemical agent or bath by which films or substances are rendered sensitive to light.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Photog.) An agent that sensitizes.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun Any agent that sensitizes something.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun (chemistry) a substance other than a catalyst that facilitates the start of a catalytic reaction


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

sensitize +‎ -er


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word sensitizer.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.