from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To drink in small quantities.
- transitive v. To drink from in sips.
- intransitive v. To drink something in sips.
- n. The act of sipping.
- n. A small quantity of liquid sipped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small mouthful of drink
- v. To drink slowly, small mouthfuls at a time
- v. Alternative form of seep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To drink or imbibe in small quantities; especially, to take in with the lips in small quantities, as a liquid.
- transitive v. To draw into the mouth; to suck up.
- transitive v. To taste the liquor of; to drink out of.
- intransitive v. To drink a small quantity; to take a fluid with the lips; to take a sip or sips of something.
- n. The act of sipping; the taking of a liquid with the lips.
- n. A small draught taken with the lips; a slight taste.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To drink little by little; take (a liquid) into the mouth in small quantities; imbibe a mouthful at a time.
- To take in gradually by some process analogous to drinking; receive or obtain by sucking, inhaling, absorbing, or the like.
- To drink from by sips.
- To take a sip or sips.
- n. The act of sipping, or drinking by small quantities, as a liquid.
- n. A very small draught; a taste (of a liquid).
- n. Drink; sup.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. drink in sips
- n. a small drink
*nom nom nom sip sip nom sip nom sip nom sips sip*
*sip sip sip* *thinks deep thots about happiness* *sip sip sip* It iz so stranj waht exactlee can maek us happee. *sip sip* Ai wuz driving – sum fyew yeers ago *sip sip* frum Stuttgart to Salzburg. *sip* An suddenlee, ai felt lite az a feather *spI and ai NOO that ai wuz TOTALEE an without ene rezervashun *sip* compleetelee happee.
*pixs up floote ob cham pain, sip, sip* ooo dis be reet gud champ ane *spiez buuffeet and starts to graze* nom nom nom thnx u ebrebody nom nom nom. booklion says:
Ai’m nawt usuallee nervous wehn maeking the speeches, but taht wun. . .*sip sip sip*
And how many people hunt while drinking more than a sip from a flask anymore?
Rather, cubes of crystallized sugar are clenched between the teeth, before a sip is taken, allowing for the synthesis to occur right on the tongue.
The first sip is more blueberry fruit along with alight amount of malt and almost no hops.
It is so uplifting to sip from a beautiful cup after a long day.
You can cup your hands under to get a drink, or do as the Romans do, plug the bottom and and lean in for a sip from the top.
This was getting worse and worse, he thought, trying to catch a sip from the glass and banging his head on the door.