from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The line along which the surface of the earth and the sky appear to meet; the horizon.
- n. The outline of a group of buildings or a mountain range seen against the sky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The line at which the earth and sky meet, horizon.
- n. The horizontal silhouette of a city or building against the sky.
- v. To outline something against the sky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the line at which the sky and Earth appear to meet
- n. the outline of objects seen against the sky
In the Shanghai of last year, I'm sure the skyline is more developed then when you were there in 2004.
The Los Angeles skyline is changing, and its going for gold – LEED Gold, that is.
Also, winds in skyline cities such as NY only really change at intersections; if he jumped into a firly long straight street he probably would have had no trouble at all. da soc
The latest proposed tower to sprout up among the ever-changing skyline is the Burj Al-Taqa Energy Tower for the Middle East.
What's the point of going out to enjoy the world if the best bit of the skyline is completely invisible?
The latest proposed tower to sprout up among the ever-changing skyline is [...] enKlosure » Blog Archive » Shades of Green Says:
The skyline is brutally impressive in the way cathedrals must once have been when nothing was taller.
The one that stares out the Manhattan skyline from the banks of the Navesink, the river that cuts through this town that lost more people on that day four years ago than any other place besides New York itself.
Hang your stand 20 to 25 feet high or more if the leaves are already down or the skyline is bare, if you're positioned on a sidehill, or if deer will approach it from the front.
They know it at the Garden Bowl on Woodward Avenue, built in 1913, where the city bus stops by the front door and the Detroit skyline is just down the street, beyond the blocks with boarded windows.