Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The burnt or burning part of the wick of a candle


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • if together they comprise a wick, what's the unburnt part called?

    April 14, 2009

  • The burning or burnt part of a candle wick.

    January 29, 2009