from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chiefly social organization of women students at a college or university, usually designated by Greek letters.
- n. An association or a society of women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of girls or women associated for a common purpose; a sisterhood.
- n. A social organization of female students at a college or university; usually identified by Greek letters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sisterhood, corresponding to fraternity: often applied to women's Greek letter societies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a social club for female undergraduates
I love St.Jude. my sorority is partners with them and they do amazing work!
Here’s an example: Say a brother/sister in your fraternity or sorority is a finance major, and the company that you’re interning at posted an entry-level finance position.
I was a “Little Sister” there and her sorority was their favorite sorority for exchanges.
Stacie Turner sits in her living room with three women identified as her sorority sisters (she is a Delta Sigma Theta), back in town for Howard University Homecoming.
Forgive me, for when I left the city and moved upstate and never called the sorority girl who seduced me, and didn't call the girl I had a one night stand with because I was creeped out by her long, twiggy fingers.
HA: You could call a sorority house and find out who's out with whom, who's
Among the secret practices of the sorority was a private signal only to be used in times of urgent necessity.
This is a Ladies of the Pink and Green Welcome Party in honor of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, which is having a convention July 9-16 in St. Louis.
Thirdly, it worried about the content of a ritual speaking to an older member of the sorority is a great option.
The sorority is a nonacademic organization dedicated to advancement of philanthropy and charity.