from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of the verb to steal.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property.
- v. Present participle of steal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of taking feloniously the personal property of another without his consent and knowledge; theft; larceny.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property; -- chiefly used in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who steals; theft.
- n. That which is stolen; stolen property: used chiefly in the plural: as, his stealings amounted to thousands of dollars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of taking something from someone unlawfully
- n. avoiding detection by moving carefully
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Let's see ... they float all these manner of * swinging* (read stealing) the various delegates necessary to win AFTER they suck the media into a kerfuffle about Obama * stealing* language from Patrick?
Well, Mother, it just means that I've been stealing Mr. Walters's trout all summer -- _stealing_ them.
But in stealing from the best, “Dog Soldiers” is the most exciting assault on the senses to rip out our throats all year.
You could argue that they are fighting to keep it from him with the intent of giving it to them if they get custody, but either way, they become responsible for the children having lost both parents when they remove the children from his care, again stealing from the children, or they take away what memorabilia the children did have of their mother just because they didn't want him to have any of it.
In America, what we call stealing, they call pork.
Author and campaigner George Monbiot said: “When you step into a superstore, you are faced with a choice of two crimes: joining the poor in stealing from the rich, or helping the rich to steal from the poor.
Petty theft is defined as stealing $400 or less of money or merchandise and is punishable by a fine or a jail sentence of six months or less.
I think we should audit every governor's expense reports/taxes to find out how much money and services they've been stealing from the taxpayers.
Obama had to find some way to pay this slug back for assisting him in stealing the election.
The reason why the rich don't want the President to touch healthcare it will stop people from stealing from the system.