from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To put up by
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
- verb intransitive To protect one's status.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb rob at gunpoint or by means of some other threat
- verb defend against attack or criticism
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word stick up.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.