from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman prostitute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female prostitute; a woman who is very sexually active.
- n. A female adulterer.
- n. A mistress.
- n. A trollop, a whore.
- v. To debauch.
- v. To dishonour with the reputation of being a strumpet; to belie; to slander.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A prostitute; a harlot.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a strumpet; characteristic of a strumpet.
- transitive v. To debauch.
- transitive v. To dishonor with the reputation of being a strumpet; hence, to belie; to slander.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prostitute; a harlot; a bold, lascivious woman: also used adjectively.
- To make a strumpet of; bring to the condition of a strumpet.
- To call or treat as a strumpet; give an ill name to; slander seurrilously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman adulterer
Your goddess History (whom your fathers called the strumpet Fortune).
They replied with coarse insults, calling her strumpet and cow-girl, and threatening to burn her when they caught her.
The fellow went off, calling her strumpet, which only made her scream with laughter; then, turning to the Spaniard, she told him to make out his account directly.
Yet observe how mildly Christ tells her of it; he doth not call her strumpet, but tells her, He with whom thou livest is not thy husband: and then leaves it to her own conscience to say the rest.
She remarked about the patterns for little girls being "way out of line ... in the 'strumpet' category, and lacking in innocent sweetness for little girls."
I don't know if I'd have used the same words as Len though -- "strumpet" and "gigolo"?
I get huge numbers of hits from Arabic-speaking countries looking for "strumpet".
A strumpet. although, i have to say, "strumpet" is running a pretty close second. previous - next
She called the shawls her courtesan clothes because I blush to disclose that my dear Effie was what she called a strumpet:)) Her shawls had a life of their own when Effie twirled them:) Even til the day she died in her late 70s she flirted with any male who came within her view.
"strumpet" and then he tops it off with "move your fanny toward me I'm not gonna bite."