from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fertilization of more than one ovum within a single menstrual cycle by separate acts of coitus, especially by different males.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the fertilisation of two or more ova by sperm from separate acts of sexual intercourse, which can lead to twins with different fathers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fertilization of two ova, at the same menstruation, by two different acts of coition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fertilization of two ova at the same menstruation by two different acts of coition. This unquestionably occurs in woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fertilization of two or more ova released during the same menstrual cycle by sperm from separate acts of coitus (especially by different males)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This phenomenon has been dubbed in medical literature as heteropaternal superfecundation.
There is a phenomenon in medical literature that is known as heteropaternal superfecundation.
A Fox news report about a rare occurrence of heteropaternal superfecundation.
VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Doctors Discover Dallas Twins Have Two Different Dads'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'A Fox news report about a rare occurrence of heteropaternal superfecundation. '
Only a handful of cases – of what doctors call heteropaternal superfecundation – are documented in the world.
The phenomenon of twins with different fathers - known scientifically as heteropaternal superfecundation - is very rare in humans, though more common in animals such as cats and dogs.
The phenomenon of twins with different fathers -- known scientifically as heteropaternal superfecundation -- is very rare in humans, though more common in animals such as cats and dogs.
'' 'Heteropaternal superfecundation' '' is a rare occurring [[medical]] term describing the
For if we are to as staggers or a superfecundation, we metacentre rainfly to adapter what it peroneus to minicab a tie, in cholecystectomy to balanitis the darkness that the heilonging of ties has fine untruly us.
When there are two separate occurrences of fertilization during the same menstrual cycle, rather than different cycle, it is known as superfecundation.