from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. sylvan
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sylvan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sylvan; inhabiting the woods.
- n. A nun belonging to the order of the Sylvestrians in its flourishing period. See Sylvestrian, 3.
- n. A memberof a female order of Sylvestrians which exists in Perugia. The habit is composed of a gown, scapulary, cowl, and mantle of a dark-brown color.
- Pertaining to the order of the Sylvestrians.
- n. One of an order of Roman Catholic monks under the Benedictine rule, confirmed by Pope Innocent IV. in 1247.
Latin sylvestris, better silvestris. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.