from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clear, cylindrical glass tube usually open at one end and rounded at the other, used in laboratory experimentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a glass tube, rounded at one end and open at the other; used for small-scale laboratory tests
- adj. produced in a test tube
- adj. conceived or developed in vitro by artificial insemination
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A graduated tube.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The use of the test-tube in chemistry.
- n. A cylinder of thin glass closed at one end, used in testing liquids.
- n. A chlorometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. glass tube closed at one end
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.