from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who thumps.
- n. A single-cylinder engined motorcycle, especially those having a four-stroke engine or large engine displacement.
- n. A particular drinking game wherein players must remember personal hand signs while being distracted by others' banging on a table.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, thumps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which thumps.
- n. A thing or a person that is impressive by reason of hugeness or greatness; an unusually big fish, lie, etc.; a whopper.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But, if a bible-thumper is going to get ticked off about Pullman's attitudes and storytelling, this is the book they'd find the best ammunition.
Hot-gospeller and Bible-thumper is the language he uses.
Test hardware was a Sun X4500 (aka thumper) with 48 x 500GB disks.
Not considered a "thumper" when it comes to tackling, but shows explosion on contact.
The boys just roared at this threat, and one of them stealing behind the dude gave him a "thumper" with his toe where the exquisite's pants were drawn the tightest under his long coat.
Fred and Philip both ran up to him, and sure enough he seemed to have got hold of a "thumper," as he called it, for his line was running about backwards and forwards through the water, while the willow wand which served him for a rod was bent half double.
Palin/Gingrich or Palin/Hauckabee or Gingrich/Hackabee (two southern baptists ... one a redneck neocon hypocrite and the other a bible thumper which is perfect for the GOP vote).
Risky business: Metro area entrepreneurs launch start-ups despite tough economy Police arrest 70-year-old man in connection with casino bomb scare Lions 'Schwartz looking for a "thumper" at middle linebacker | detnews. com | The Detroit News
Jim Schwartz admits he needs a "thumper" to fill it.
Kate Lawson: Sunday Supper: This weekend, whirl up your own salad dressing Lions 'Schwartz looking for a "thumper" at middle linebacker | detnews. com | The Detroit News