from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science of childbirth; midwifery or obstetrics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the branch of medicine that deals with childbirth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of obstetrics, or midwifery; that department of medicine which treats of parturition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of medicine which treats of parturition; obstetrics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
Greek tokos, childbirth; see tek- in Indo-European roots + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek τόκος (tokos, "childbirth"), from τίκτω (tiktō, "I give birth"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.