from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. One who, or that which transports.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One who transports.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A trade-name of a special type of derrick-boom. It may be an I-beam, the lower flange of which serves as a track for a traveling hoisting-carriage, or a hollow beam having a track suspended from the under side; and it can be used as a derrick-boom, or may be suspended from a gallows-frame or from another derrick. It employs a traveling hoisting-carriage resembling one used in a cableway.
  • n. In machinery, in general, any carrying device, as one used for transporting coal from one vessel to another.
  • n. One who or that which transports or removes.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a crane for moving material with dispatch as in loading and unloading ships
  • n. a long truck for carrying motor vehicles
  • n. a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory)


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

to transport + -er.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.