from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Having a tendency or desire to shoot a firearm before adequately identifying the target.
- adj. Slang Inclined to react violently at the slightest provocation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a tendency or desire to shoot a firearm irresponsibly before adequately identifying the target.
- adj. Inclined to behave recklessly, especially with machinery.
- adj. Inclined to react excessively or violently at the slightest provocation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid
- adj. irresponsible in the use of firearms
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We wanted to find a point of weakness, an issue where the public had serious doubts, so we drew up a list of possibilities: fairness in society, his trigger-happy attitude toward nuclear war, the two-tier economy, his age and mental acuity, and his bellicose approach to foreign affairs.
We had the [Date Lab] cameras, and after a few drinks, we were getting trigger-happy with them.
So adding a trigger-happy shooter to this roster doesn't make a whole lot of sense on the surface.
What it showed me is how trigger-happy Republicans are, and how hastily they act without thinking of the consequences of their actions.
True, China and Russia still backs up Iran, and only if you are trigger-happy (with nuclear weapons involved) you would really provoke those undemocratic (don't tell me that Russia is a democracy when journalists are killed for demanding it and nothing is done about the case) countries.
As he withstands tear gas, stun grenades, beatings and rubber bullets (eventually replaced by live ammunition), he displays just as much physical bravery as the trigger-happy terrorist.
Like cavemen in front of this incredible piece of technology, they have trigger-happy mouse fingers.
When madman Shane, spurned by Lori, goes all trigger-happy on the walkers in Hershel's barn, Rick simply looks on as Darryl, Andrea and T-Dog join in on the zombie massacre.
There have been only two goals in the Serie A kick-offs today evening game not kicked off yet, wrote a trigger-happy Sean Revis-Penn on Sunday.
Abramovich has earned a reputation for being a trigger-happy owner, even if he appears content to give Villas-Boas at least until the end of the season.