from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A rare type of ultramafic intrusive rock, consisting primarily of olivine and calcic plagioclase

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In petrography, a name given by von Lasaulx (1875) to a variety of gabbro composed of lime-soda feldspar and olivin, with a little diallage. Bonney has applied the name especially to the more or less serpentinized forms. Compare forellenstein.


From German Troktolit (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.