from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A coupon offering two items, especially tickets for a play, for the price of one.
- n. Informal An offer, a deal, or an arrangement in which a single expense yields a dual return: Going to a wedding in New Orleans during Mardi Gras was a twofer.
- n. Informal One who belongs to two minority groups and can be counted, as by an employer, as part of two quotas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that yields a substantial additional benefit.
- n. The fashion of wearing long sleeves outside a short-sleeved shirt.
- n. A cabling device used in theatre, allowing two stage lighting instruments to be connected to one dimmer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an offer of two for the price of one
- n. a coupon that allows the holder to purchase two items (as two tickets to a play) for the price of one
When they post this garbage it's a 'twofer' - they assert some outrageous claim about Obama and engender a knee-jerk shot back at Hillary.
Building a new energy economy by upgrading the grid and making buildings more efficient is a "twofer" -- it boosts short-term economic growth and lays a "path to long-term sustainable growth."
A twofer is a cabling device used in theatrical stage lighting.
“Chicks with Dicks,” on a site that perpetuates fat hatred, is what is known as a twofer; double the ignorance and hate for your pleasure.
Mr. Gingrich's situation "is sort of a twofer, which is why it is particularly damaging," said Chris Lehane, a Democratic strategist.
Nice "twofer" for white liberals, don't you think?
Not sure what a 'twofer' is, but if what you mean is that the '2050' scenario is ridiculous, then you're way into denial and every bit as susceptible to the blinkers of 'You Know You Are Right' as those you ridicule.
The first such set I am aware of is Billary, Bill and Hillary Clinton, who were offered as a "twofer" president.
In my eyes, every article that refers to Rep. Nydia Velazquez as a "twofer," because she is both a woman and a Latina, without any mention of any qualifications, or that declares Tom Suozzi as a possibility because of "Catholics and the suburbs," or pronounces Reps.
What remains from Clinton is the hope that by bringing in Hillary we somehow get a "twofer" and get Bill back to guide the economy.