from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to be a hindrance; disadvantageous: unfavorable winds.
- adj. Having or showing opposition; adverse: an unfavorable reaction to our proposal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Disadvantageous, adverse, unsuitable, inconducive; serving to hinder or oppose.
- adj. Not favorable, disapproving.
- adj. Causing obstacles or delay; not conducive to travel or work; inclement.
- adj. Not auspicious; ill-boding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not favorable; not propitious; adverse; contrary; discouraging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not favorable; not propitious; discouraging; adverse. Not adapted to promote some specified object; somewhat prejudicial: as, weather unfavorable for harvest; unfavorable conditions.
- Ill-favored; ugly; unattractive; repulsive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not encouraging or approving or pleasing
- adj. not favorable
- adj. (of winds or weather) tending to hinder or oppose
The Ukrainian government has blamed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko for striking what it calls an unfavorable deal in January 2009 to end a natural gas cut-off.
July 24th, 2009 10: 47 am ET unfavorable is putting it mildly! she is EVERYTHING that is WRONG in our nation, and anyone who would favor her needs to wake up!
Yes, this new thinking goes, these bad genes can create dysfunction in unfavorable contexts — but they can also enhance function in favorable contexts.
I came back because of Obama, but thanks to the media, and all those who seem hell-bent to show him in unfavorable light, I will silently retreat again.
According to Technorati, there are many ways to cheat your way up to get more "authority" by getting linked in unfavorable ways.
The colored, hexagonal terra cotta tiles that seemed like a good idea when the system was being built have what maintenance staffers describe as an unfavorable "coefficient of friction."
Last week, the government demanded $5.6 billion in taxes on profits made by Vale's foreign subsidiaries, plus penalties and interest, after what Vale described as "unfavorable rulings" at the administrative level.
Americans are wising up to how blatantly biased the media is, in light of the unbelievably slanted coverage of Obama vs.McCain. 45% have even realized that the media will hide stories they believe are politically unfavorable, which is absolutely true.
"In the case of animals with parted hoofs, when feeding in unfavorable situations a prodigious amount of foetid matter is discharged, and passes off between the toes; while animals with undivided hoofs, feeding on the same ground, become severely affected in the legs, from the poisonous plants among the pasture" [Whitlaw,
Then this wretched person suddenly-undoubtedly-pictured the very same merchant, in terms unfavorable to Flinx.