from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To supply (furniture) with stuffing, springs, cushions, and covering fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fit padding, stuffing, springs, webbing and fabric covering to furniture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To furnish (rooms, carriages, bedsteads, chairs, etc.) with hangings, coverings, cushions, etc.; to adorn with furnishings in cloth, velvet, silk, etc..
- n. A broker.
- n. An upholsterer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To furnish with hangings, curtains, carpets, and the like, and, by extension, with furniture of different kinds.
- To provide with textile coverings, together with cushions, stuffing, springs, etc., as a chair or sofa.
- Hence To provide with any covering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide furniture with padding, springs, webbing, and covers
Or for something more comfortable, upholster a small bedroom chair in terry cloth.
I would also paint the chairs and maybe get some bright, patterned fabric to upholster the chairs.
All I will say is that much as you don't go around carrying change in your vag, you don't upholster a human being.
I want a rolling jalopy one that I can paint sparkly lime green and upholster with mexican striped plankets and a solid sunbrella top with 8 inch fringe on the sides ..... yeah, yeah, but we all have our dreams and I usually find a way to make mine come close ....
First, I'd like to express my sympathy for whatever embossed little creatures Jaguar uses to upholster the upper deck of this car, the Jaguar XJ Supersport.
I can't tolerate those who upholster ANYTHING with McMurphy plaid.
That Molly/Lunette chick really needs to get her sorry ass to an upholster and fast. that is one not-so-comfy-looking-couch.
The wood is mahogany, and we'd of course re-upholster them said Ginny.
Ford also has a penchant for using a fuzzy, weedy lawn-like fabric to upholster the area behind the back-seat headrests.
A neighbor -- or, by some accounts, a furniture buyer from Toledo -- suggested that the fledgling furniture designers take their chair indoors and upholster it.