from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or characteristic of bears or a bear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of bears.
- adj. Covered in stiff bristles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a bear; resembling a bear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a bear or bears: as, an ursine genus; related to the bear; arctoid: as, the ursine series of Carnivora; resembling a bear or what relates to a bear: as, an ursine walk.
- In entomology, thickly clothed with long, bristle-like, erect hairs: applied especially to certain lepidopterous larvæ.
- n. A bear; any member of the family Ursidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or similar to bears
PS: I almost called this “Waltzing Bear Watch,” except that this particular ursine is waltzing pretty well by any reasonable standard.
He stopped to browse, and, after a few minutes’ immersion in ursine animatronics with names like Smarty Bear, Gabby Bear, and Heart-To-Heart Bear, he crowned one of them his favorite.
Of these animals the most considerable are seals; being of that sort which is called the ursine seal.
From what we can see, it could be an animal of what your human friends call the ursine species, Khornya, the sort that is heavily furred and may stand on two legs or four. "
John has also worked with the costumes in "ursine" scale from the Tony Award winning shows Wicked, You're A Good Man,
whats that odd polka-dot growth on her kitty? some kind of ursine std?
Hunched over in brown janitorial coveralls, they used their hands to gather new ursine artifacts straight from the source: clumps of fibrous, multicolored panda poop.
Next year sees a new Hot Chip album, as well as the debut album from his other project, 2 Bears; their brand of electro-house is infinitely less throwaway than Goddard and collaborator Raf Rundell's penchant for ursine costumes suggests.
Why, this ursine menace has even made a mockery of our English language phonemes!
Such is the intensity of the connection between Katie and her ursine interloper that the dinner party she is in charge of has faded into the background.