from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To reduce an asset's book value to zero
- v. To record an expenditure as an expense.
- v. To remove a portion of a debt or an amount of an account owed to you counting it as a loss (as a gesture of goodwill for example)
- v. To record a notional expense such as amortization or depreciation.
- v. Figuratively, to assign a low value to something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. write something fluently, and without hesitation
- v. concede the loss or worthlessness of something or somebody
- v. cancel (a debt)
- v. reduce the estimated value of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.