from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is amorously and gallantly attentive to women.
- n. A promiscuous man; a philanderer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man considered romantic and gallant, especially one who gives amorous attentions to women.
- n. A promiscuous, philandering man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an Italian adventurer (Giovanni Giacomo Casanova; b. 1725; d. 1798) who wrote vivid accounts of his sexual encounters.
- n. any man noted for his amorous adventures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any man noted for his amorous adventures
- n. an Italian adventurer who wrote vivid accounts of his sexual encounters (1725-1798)
After Giovanni Jacopo Casanova de Seingalt.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Eponym from Giovanni Giacomo Casanova (1725-1798), Venetian writer and adventurer. (Wiktionary)