from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who fakes something
- n. an impostor or impersonator
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who fakes something
- n. a thief.
- n. a peddler of petty things.
- n. a workman who dresses things up.
- n. a person who makes deceitful pretenses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who fakes; specifically, in the life-saving service, a surfman whose duty it is to fake the shot-lines in a faking-box.
- n. A pickpocket; a thief.
- n. One who sells or deals in fakes; specifically, a street-vender.
- n. A hanger-on of the theatrical profession.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who makes deceitful pretenses
Sorry, no etymologies found.