from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person of stodgy or old-fashioned habits and attitudes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of fogey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dull old fellow; a person behind the times, over-conservative, or slow; -- usually preceded by old; an old fogy.
- n. In the United States service, extra pay granted to officers for length of service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slow or dull fellow; an old-fashioned or very conservative person; one who is averse to change or novelty: usually with the epithet old.
- n. An invalid or garrison soldier.
- n. Extra pay for long service.
- n. Also written fogie, fogey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose style is out of fashion
Scots fogey.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)