from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who is in his or her dotage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An old person with impaired intellect; one in his or her dotage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose mind is impaired by age; one in second childhood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. one who is in his dotage or second childhood; one whose intellect is impaired by age.
- n. One who is foolishly fond; one who dotes.
- n. An aged, decaying tree.
- Doting; imbecile.
- Decayed, as a tree
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an oldster in his dotage; someone whose age has impaired his intellect
Middle English, from doten, to dote.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)