from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A grandmother.
- n. Informal A fussy person.
- n. Chiefly Southern U.S. See midwife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grandmother.
- n. An elderly woman.
- adj. typically or stereotypically old-fashioned, especially in clothing and accessories worn by or associated with elderly women.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A grandmother; a grandam; familiarly, an old woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A grandmother; an old woman.
- n. A duck, the south-southerly or old-wife. More fully, old granny.
- n. A nurse or midwife.
- To serve as a nurse or midwife.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mother of your father or mother
- n. a reef knot crossed the wrong way and therefore insecure
- n. an old woman
Short for grandmother or grandam.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)