from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A village of eastern Ireland northwest of Dublin. It was the seat of Irish kings from ancient times until the sixth century A.D.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An Irish place name, associated with Hill of Tara, seat of ancient Irish kings.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 20th century, derived from the place name.
- proper n. a female Buddha typically associated with Buddhist tantra practice as preserved in Tibetan Buddhism. She is the "mother of liberation", and represents the virtues of success in work and achievements.
- proper n. A female given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A mere exclamation.
- n. Same as taro.
- n. Same as taliera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin); seat of Irish kings until 6th century
Irish Teamhair ("high place"). (Wiktionary)