from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lava having a rough surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- always afloat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. acronym for associate in arts, a college degree granted for successful completion of a two-year course of study in arts or general topics.
- n. Alcoholics Anonymous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In recipes, an abbreviation equivalent, when used after the names of several ingredients, to ‘of each one take.’
- n. A form of cooled lava-stream of which the surface consists of jagged and irregular blocks.
- n. An abbreviation of Assistant Adjutant-General.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an international organization that provides a support group for persons trying to overcome alcoholism
- n. an associate degree in arts
- n. a dry form of lava resembling clinkers
Hawaiian 'a'ā, to burn, aa.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hawaiian ʻaʻā. (Wiktionary)