from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Area of land measured in acres.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Size, as measured in acres.
- n. An area of land measured in acres.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Acres collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The number of acres in a piece or tract of land; acres taken collectively; extent in acres: as, the acreage of farm-land in a country; the acreage of wheat sown.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming)
Sorry, no etymologies found.