from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who adjusts, especially for the insurance industry's employment title "claims adjuster."
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, adjusts.
- n. an insurance agent who examines claims against personal or property damage insurance policies and makes estimates and recommendations regarding the amount which should be paid to the policyholder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who adjusts; that which regulates.
- n. In hardware, any appliance used to regulate the movement of a blind, sash, hitching-strap, shaft, or other moving object in a wagon, house, etc.: as, a casement-adjuster, a pole-adjuster, a window-stop adjuster.
- n. In insurance, an officer of an insurance company whose duty is to determine the amount to be paid under a policy of insurance when a partial loss has been sustained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who investigates insurance claims or claims for damages and recommends an effective settlement
Sorry, no etymologies found.