from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To induce anesthesia in.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To administer anesthesia to.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. to cause to become unconscious by administration of an anaesthetic agent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring under the influence of an anesthetic agent, as chloroform, a freezing-mixture, etc.; render insensible, especially to pain. Also spelled anesthetise and anæsthetise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. administer an anesthetic drug to
Sorry, no etymologies found.