from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A worm, such as an earthworm, that is used as bait in fishing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An earthworm, used as or destined to be used as bait to catch fish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A earthworm of the genus Lumbricus, frequently used by anglers for bait. See earthworm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worm used for bait in angling; an earthworm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. terrestrial worm that burrows into and helps aerate soil; often surfaces when the ground is cool or wet; used as bait by anglers
angle + worm (Wiktionary)