from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Brandy distilled from hard cider.
- n. An alcoholic drink made from hard cider that has been frozen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Apple brandy, a distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented apple cider. The American equivalent of calvados.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Apple brandy; a brandy distilled from cider.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A liquor distilled from cider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. distilled from hard cider
apple + jack (“referring to the increase in alcohol concentration due to distillation”) (Wiktionary)