from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Slang Variant of ass2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The buttocks.
- n. (not used in US, Canada) A stupid, mean or despicable person.
- v. To be silly, act stupid or mess around.
- v. To make, to bother. (If one cannot be arsed to do something, one does not have the will to make the effort to do it.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The buttocks, or hind part of an animal; the posteriors; the fundament; the bottom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The buttocks or hind part of an animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. vulgar slang for anus
- n. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
From Old English ærs, ears, from Proto-Germanic *arsaz. Cognate with Dutch aars and German Arsch. Ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *órsos (“backside, buttocks”) (according to Julius Pokorny and Carl Darling Buck). (Wiktionary)