from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by assonance; having successive similar vowel sounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a resemblance of sounds.
- adj. Pertaining to the peculiar species of rhyme called assonance; not consonant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a resemblance of articulate sounds.
- In prosody, pertaining to or characterized by assonance.
- n. A word resembling another in sound. Specifically In prosody, a word forming an assonance with another word. See assonance, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the same sound (especially the same vowel sound) occurring in successive stressed syllables
- adj. having the same vowel sound occurring with different consonants in successive words or stressed syllables
Sorry, no etymologies found.