from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of banishing.
- n. The state of being banished, exile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of banishing, or the state of being banished.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of banishing or compelling a citizen to leave his country or place of residence by political or judicial authority.
- n. The state of being banished; enforced absence; expulsion; exile, in either a legal or a general sense: as, banishment from thy presence is worse than death.
- n. The act of driving away or dispelling: as, the banishment of care from the mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rejection by means of an act of banishing or proscribing someone
- n. the state of being banished or ostracized (excluded from society by general consent)
From banish + -ment. (Wiktionary)