from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Something outstanding of its kind: "When I make a mistake, it's a beaut!” ( Fiorello H. La Guardia).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- n. Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an outstanding example of its kind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an outstanding example of its kind
Short for beauty.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortened from beauty. (Wiktionary)