from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that corks bottles, for example.
- n. Slang A remarkable or astounding person or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who puts corks into bottles.
- n. A person or thing that is exceptional or remarkable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which corks.
- n. In manufacturing, an instrument to stretch women's shoes.
- n. An unanswerable fact or argument; that which makes further discussion or action unnecessary or impossible; a settler.
- n. A successful examination; a “rush.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (dated slang) a remarkable or excellent thing or person
- n. a machine that is used to put corks in bottles
Sorry, no etymologies found.