from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A quick-tempered or highly excitable person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with a fiery temper, someone easily provoked to anger.
- n. A spirited young woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A violent, irascible, or passionate person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An irascible or passionate person; one whose temper is hot or fiery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a highly emotional and quick-tempered person (especially a girl or woman)
A compound of spit + fire as a euphemistic rendition of shitfire, from Spanish cacafuego ("braggart") with the literal translation of "fireshitter". (Wiktionary)